Meeting Minutes are posted only after they have been approved by the board at the following meeting.
For Example – Meeting On Jan 1st would be Approved on the next meeting and posted to the web site.
If the next meeting was Feb 1st then that is when they would be posted.

Arbor Ridge Home Owner Meeting for May 2, 2017

Avamere at Bethany Retirement Center (Craft Room | 3 rd Floor); 16360 NW Avamere Court Portland OR 97229

Homeowner Input

Sheriff Meet and Greet – 6:00 pm

I. Meeting Called to Order

  • 6:55 pm

II. Meeting Minutes

  • Motion to approve meeting minutes for February 7, 2016. Motion passed.

III. Treasure’s Report

  • Cottage Collection Reserve account amount concerns. Fair amount of delinquencies still.

IV. Committee Reports

  • Neighborhood Watch –
    • Lt Jones sat in and discussed efforts the local sheriff’s department is doing for the community.
  • Social/Newsletter –
    • July 4th neighborhood party – hot dog stand. National Night Out in August.
    • Only two calls came into TMG about the lack of the Easter Egg Hunt.
      • Possibly create committee to head up this event.
      • TMG to send out an email for volunteers.
  • Landscape – 
    • Irrigation system concerns. Starting the first repairs of the season. The older trees continue to cause problems with the irrigation. Cost of a single repair is less than a tree replacement. Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri water will be ON – OFF otherwise. Capping sprinklers will save on irrigation.
  • Architectural – 
    • Only two ARC requests – both were approved in timely fashion. Consider asking John on holding a special meeting for homeowners where he can talk about landscaping ideas.

V. Management Report

Administration

  • Homeowner Correspondence (please see management report on file, for additional information).  Homeowner correspondences were discussed regarding waived yard maintenance reminders, and overdue dues.  It was discussed, that homeowners that wish to have a fine waived are asked to present themselves in front of the board in person to discuss further.
    • A: Letters have been sent to homeowners in question. TMG to reach out to concerned homeowner to come to the meetings and discuss his concerns.
    • B: Trees that were not originally marked for removal are now a problem, as determined by an arborist. Motion to remove the trees and grind the stump as
      estimated by Davey. Motion carried.
    • C, D, E, G: no board action
    • F: Board requested TMG to reach out to homeowner and give them a deadline (e.g. 2 months) to complete the work. Then revisit this via a compliance drive-by and report.
    • G: Motion to prune the tree as outlined by the Davey estimate. Motion carried.

Financial

  1. Delinquency Report/Collection Update
    • Liens have increased. Hopeful that delinquency accounts will decrease come summer time with homes selling as they are.

VI. Unfinished Business

  1. Monument Design – Update
    • Reviewed several proposals. Board decided to table this – not a priority at this point. Wait for Mike Walker get back and work with Tom on some other lower-cost ideas.
  2. Water Overage / Credit – Update
    • We successfully worked with TVWD to give us a credit of $1300 to account for the leak we had last year. Tom has met with John to reduce grass areas that need to be watered and capping the heads. TMG to set up a landscape walk where we can look at areas that could use the same treatment (i.e. remove grass, bark dust it, and cap sprinkler heads).
  3. Showplace Landscape Pending Proposals
    • Motion to update the two areas along West Union and one area between driveways. Motion carried.
  4. Compliance (Community Standards) – Update
    • Talk more about this on the landscape walk.
  5. Volunteers Social Events
    • Discussed earlier. We made an effort to get volunteers.

VII. New Business

  1. 2018 Reserve Study
    • Propose getting another vendor to do this work. TMG to get proposals from other vendors.
  2. Community Garage Sale
    • Working with other neighborhoods to have a mass community garage sale on the same weekend: September 9-10.
  3. Retaining Wall
    • Annual inspection from GeoTech. They recommend we do that every year, which is $800+. Due to other higher priorities and attempting to keep costs down, Board has decided to only have this inspection once every two years.
  4. Fence Cleaning
    • Motion to clean the fences along West Union, not to exceed $2000. Motion carried.

VIII. Adjournment

  • Call for adjournment was at: 8:41 pm

IX. Executive Session

  • The Board to adjourn to Executive Session to review contracts

X. Reconvene To Open Session

  • Board reviewed and approved contracts for Showplace.

XI. Adjournment

  • Call for adjournment was at: 9:00 pm