We have been asked by our surrounding communities, if we would like to join them having a joint garage sale once again. Last year’s event was a successful one. The event will be advertised on Craig’s List, and we are going to be doing marketing clustering and mapping.
Here is the information, to get prepared
Date: Saturday, September 7 and Sunday, September 8
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (if you would like, you may start at an earlier time)
**Please feel free to post signs directing them to your street of garage sales. Please have your signs
removed by end of day on Sunday, September 8. Thank you!
Please reach out to your neighbors to have them participate for this fun event.
Here are some tips to have a successful garage sale
- Collect the clutter around your home.
- Have a plan
- A successful garage sale does not happen without organization.
- At least a week before the sale, go through your home from top to bottom and clear out clutter.
- At least 2-3 days beforehand, take an afternoon to price everything and organize it.
- On the day before, get cash to have on hand to manage your cash drawer. For example: a roll of pennies, roll of nickels, roll of dimes, roll of quarters, 20 $1 bills, 20 in $5-dollar bills).
- Do not wait until the last minute to pull off a garage sale 🙂
- Clearly mark your prices.
- Price things to sell.
- Mark things down as the time goes and closing time approaches.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone that participates and thank you for your support. The more homes that participate creates a successful day for everyone.