Meeting Minutes are posted only after they have been approved by the board at the following meeting.
For Example – Meeting On Jan 1st would be Approved on the next meeting and posted to the web site.
If the next meeting was Feb 1st then that is when they would be posted.

Arbor Ridge Home Owner Meeting for August 1, 2017

Avamere at Bethany Retirement Center (Craft Room | 3 rd Floor); 16360 NW Avamere Court Portland OR 97229

Homeowner Input

I. Meeting Called to Order

  • 6:41 pm

II. Meeting Minutes

  • Motion to approve meeting minutes for May 2, 2017. Motion passed.

III. Treasure’s Report

  • Not discussed

IV. Committee Report

  • Neighborhood Watch – Lisa Walker reported: Tonight is National Night Out
  • Social/Newsletter Committee – Lisa Walker reported: July 4th hot dog stand. Gave out over 1000 hot dogs in two hours. Next social event is Holiday Lighting Contest. Next newsletter will come out in a few weeks.
  • Landscape – Tom Wilkinson reported: Tree project: two trees approved for removal is scheduled with Davey. Another tree was shown to John which also might need to be replaced. Tom walked around common areas and manually cleaned up some areas. Monument questions: some lights are out, pointing to other areas, etc. Will be discussed later. There might be some quick intermediate steps to take now. John proposed replacing grass on parking strips with vinca minor along Laidlaw. TMG will work with John to break down the proposal. Motion to fix the lighting around the monument, not to exceed $1500. Motion passed.
  • Architectural – Board reported: Nothing pending – only one request in the last month or so. Lynda just received a new request but will be sent to Mike Farris via email and go through the normal process for approval.

V. Management Report

Administration

  1. Homeowner Correspondence (please see management report on file, for additional information).  Homeowner correspondences were discussed regarding waived yard maintenance reminders, and overdue dues.  It was discussed, that homeowners that wish to have a fine waived are asked to present themselves in front of the board in person to discuss further.

K: request denied
L: request denied.
M: request denied
N: Board decided to waive all soft costs.

Financial

  1. Delinquency Report/Collection Update
    • Things are clearing up slowly.

VI. Unfinished Business

  1. Mass Community Garage Sale
    • Engaging with Cypress Point community to have a mass community garage sale. Moved to September 9-10.

VII. New Business

  1. 2018 Reserve Study
    • Brian is busy – 8-9 weeks out. TMG to ask him if he could get it to us by September 1st. If he can’t commit to that, we’ll go with Dan Huntly.
  2. 2018 Budget
  3. Showplace Landscape Proposals
    • Homeowners are responsible for arbor vitae when it’s inside their fenced property. Anything outside is the HOA’s responsibility.
  4. Landscape Tree Plan 2017 – Update
  5. Volunteers Social Events
  6. Ad hoc conversation
    • Homeowners discussed the increasing number of rentals in the neighborhood and the options we have around that.

VIII. Adjournment

  • Call for adjournment was at: 8:12 pm