Arbor Ridge Home Owner Meeting for June 26th 2012
I. Meeting Called to Order
- 6:50 pm
II. Meeting Minutes
- April 3, 2012 Minutes were motioned for approval; Board passed the minutes unanimously
III. President’s Report
- Mike Foster proceeded with communicating an overview of how the order of the meeting would be facilitated.
- It was brought to the boards attention, by Lynda DuLong that on June 25, 2012, a community resident tripped on a raised sidewalk, fell, and broke her arm. The residents of the home are tenants. Lynda will keep the board updated where needed on this accident.
- Home Owner Cathy P. emailed the board stating her concerns for the Beaver dams, Coyotes, and dead rats being found around the parameter of protected fish and wild life area. Mike Foster discussed the idea of being permitted to have a Beaver Dissever Pipe placed through the Beaver dam to allow the water to flow out without hurting the Beavers, and violating the protection of them. Carolyn B. stated that it would be good if we could ask for a permit to add additional signage at the protected fish and wild life area. Lynda DuLong made a note, to do possible future research on this.
- It was noted that our November 27th, 2012 meeting will be moved to December 11, 2012 and will be the last meeting of 2012.
IV. Treasure’s Report
- Dave Cummings was absent for the meeting, therefore, Mike Farris reviewed the financials for the Master and Cottages. In the review, the expense of the annual insurance renewal lump sum was in question. Lynda DuLong explained that it was paid in full to reflect being current for the period of July 2012 – June 2013. All other expenses were reflected to be within budget for this period ending.
V. Committee Report
- Architectural – a discussion took place regarding the new solar panels being installed on 11 homes. The approval was done by the vendor company and was in compliancy.
- Landscape – Discussion of Landscape improvements for the review of the landscape conditions in common elements. Management asked for a proposal to enhance entry areas in the meeting that took place on April 3rd, 2012, one being along Laidlaw and Oak Creek Drive. Tom Wilkinson stated in his review of the area that a nice boulder and landscaping of flowers/with possible irrigation. John Shewchuck from Show Place Landscape Services quoted via email (Laidlaw and Oak Creek- add irrigation and plants per the sketch at the open area on the North side of Oak Creek is not to exceed $1,122.00) Tom Wilkinson stated that he felt it would run approximately $500.00 (this is for the wedge area/Oak creek and Laidlaw). This would include 2 new trees, and scrubs with boulder/flowers possibly? The motion was approved by Mike Farris and seconded by Lisa Walker.
- Additional discussion and overview of the Reserve Study 2012, and the perimeter community Fence. The landscape committee is also planning landscaping pruning day. They will volunteer their time to do the pruning of needed trees and leave the debris for Show Place Landscape Services to remove promptly.
- Mary Davidson has put together an adhoc committee to define the street tree issues. The trees have a possibility of damaging the water meters and sidewalks. The adhoc committee is a separate team that will continue discussing what options can be pursued to resolve the problems. It was agreed upon that the committee is separate from the Landscape Committee. This adhoc committed was not sanction by the board, rather it is home owner created to present their concerns and offer resolution for the board to consider if the board needs to be involved in a solution. Eric, the TMG, assigned lawyer reviewed the CCR and interpreted the compliancy and possible ambiguity clarified. Moving forward, Lynda DuLong, consulted with the Davey Company (Ruth Williams), and received a quote on the trees and creating a customized short term and long term plane for a systematic process/project management will be in place. The first preliminary meeting will take place onsite on Monday, July 9th. It was discussed by the board that if a “one time” special assessment is needed (not to be more than 10% increase) that a 75% vote of the homeowners would be needed. A reserve study amendment will be possibly needed. An electronic Map book will be created and posted on our Arbor Ridge Website.
- Fir Bark Dust was motioned to be placed in the month of July 2012.
- White Fence Washing will be done by JL Paint Co., per quote given to Lynda DuLong from Joseph Lambert.
- A discussion took place on the increase of moles, and how to set-up traps to remove the critters.
- Ken from Washington County was out two weeks ago to survey the protected area and mosquito control. He tested for the breed of mosquito, to see if they have changed since last year. He will then take the necessary action to treat the area.
- Social Events – Lisa Walker gave an update on the current Social Committee events taking place in the future. July 4th we are engaging with our neighboring community for the special morning picnic and parade. July 10th from 4:30 – 8 pm we have been invited to attend a National Night Out gathering in Hillsboro. The Sheriff’s department will have a booth and will be giving us a kit for the event happening on August 7th at 6:30 pm at the Otten Park (corner of Laidlaw and Emerald Canyon) this is an event in support of the Neighborhood Watch program. This will be a big event with the Sheriff Department attendance. It will be an ice cream social and hotdog event. Lisa has coordinated to have her daughter, Cassandra Walker – Certified Executive Chef) to help with the function. Lynda DuLong is asking for a donation from John at Show Place Landscape services and TMG will participate in a donation also. The event is approximated to be $200.00. Mike Foster will donate a bike for a raffle.
- Sheriff Pat Garrett – we are confirming a day and time for him to come and present at a HOA Board meeting. The selected date is for the annual meeting held on October 23, 2012. Lisa is in communications with Kathy Bose, Executive Administrator to Sheriff Pat Garret to confirm the scheduling. This is in support of the Neighborhood Watch program.
- Neighborhood Watch – on May 23rd, 2012 the first Neighborhood Watch meeting took place with Darlene Schnoor and Deputy Scott. We had approximately 15 community residents gather. It was a very successful meeting, and kick off. As of June 26, 2012 we have 17 street captains and approximately 100+ volunteers. Email trees have been developed. 8 Neighborhood Watch signs are be placed and permitted by Washington County. Stickers are being given out, and future meetings being defined.
VI. Management Report
- Homeowner Correspondence
- It was noted and agreed upon that Lynda DuLong will be consolidating the report, and only discussing at future meetings the “needed action by the board” correspondences. Lynda will place the other correspondences that don’t need action in a spreadsheet for the review of the Board of Directors.
- Discussion took place on the camper violation, but stated by Mike Foster and Lisa Walker that the homeowner is in compliancy with the CCR.
- Discussion on basketball hoops and the damaging of them by the landscapers. It will be defined for in the future that Showplace Landscape as our vendor should not be responsible for the replacement. Mike Foster/Mike Farris/Lynda DuLong will be working on an amendment of resolution with new guidelines. The amendment/resolution will be motioned for approval at the next meeting.
- Trash cans discussed, home owner being charged $75.00 for third letter being issued. Home owner asked that the $75.00 be waived (one time waiver) approved and motioned by Mike Foster, and second by Lisa Walker.
- Delinquency Report reviewed
- There was a discussion on being more aggressive in a tiered out fashion. It was decided to define and clarify a guideline of threshold of $1,500 (for tighter controls in place)
- No actions required by board
- Eric, the assigned lawyer, is reviewing and taking necessary action.
Repairs and Maintenance
- No actions required by board
VII. New Business
- Reserve Study 2012
- Perimeter Community Fence maintenance – JL Painting Co. quoted and being assigned for cleaning.
- Landscape improvement (bark dust) – July 31st, 2012 bark dust being laid – approved and motioned as approved. Special Flyers will be given to home owners to allow them to place a “no bark dust” tag on their doors.
- Street Trees/Landscape Survey – Davey Company (Ruth Williams) being implemented.
- Insurance renewal – being processed.
- Community Vandalism update – continued to be reviewed.
- Forming of the Neighborhood Watch Committee – being fully implemented at this time.
- Discussion of new meeting locations and possible changed dates – pending (Lynda DuLong)
- Compliance Ride to be defined in the month of July 2012.
- Finish Year End Budget – being assigned to President, Mike Foster to approve and sign off.
- Neighborhood Watch signs being installed by Washington County.
- No Parking signs being surveyed by Washington County, and replaced by end of June 2012, at no cost.
- July 2012 Arbor Ridge Newsletter, volume 1 being mailed out the week of July 2nd, 2012.
VIII. Unfinished Business
- Mike Farris and Lisa Walker to meet to do a training on Arbor Ridges’ Website.
- Street Trees/Landscape Survey Report – pending implementation. (Davey Co.)
- Call for adjournment was at 8:35 pm