Meeting Minutes are posted only after they have been approved by the board at the following meeting.
For Example – Meeting On Jan 1st would be Approved on the next meeting and posted to the web site.  If the next meeting was Feb 1st then that is when they would be posted.

 

Arbor Ridge Home Owner Meeting for September 24th, 2013

Homeowner Input

Homeowner in attendance had concerns with her neighbor. Wanting to know if she could have power washers go to the home and then attach a lien on the home when they go to sell. Homeowner is curious why the issue has been outstanding for so long. Lynda said that an attorney would need to get involved – which means the HOA would incur attorney fees. In addition, the HOA would need to be careful from getting sued for trespassing onto someone’s property to do maintenance. Lynda suggested calling the police if they see any suspicious activity. There isn’t very much the Board can do at this point – outside what has already been done. An additional homeowner suggested contacting the REO department?

I. Meeting Called to Order

  • 6:51 pm

II. Meeting Minutes

  • April 22, 2014 Minutes were motioned for approval; Board passed the minutes unanimously. Motion carried.

III. Treasure’s Report

  • Lynda DuLong gave the following report:
    We are trending on track with all budget categories with the Main and Cottage Collections. TMG received the Reserve Study Report for both the Main and Cottage Collections by Reserve Funding.

IV. Committee Report

  • Social Committee – Lisa Walker reported:
    • Very successful July 4th. Furnished about 750 hot dogs. Next social will be National Night out in August. Tables will not be furnished. Food may not be furnished. The other social will be in December for the Holiday Lighting contest.
  • Neighborhood Watch – Lisa Walker reported:
    • (see “Social Committee/Newsletter)
  • Newsletter – Lisa Walker reported:
  • Landscape – Tom Wilkinson reported:
    • Phase 1 triangle ground cover continues – 17 triangle areas. Previous attempts have failed. Trying a third type of ground cover. Phase 2 triangle ground cover has started which includes 45 triangles where trees, signs, street lights, etc., are located. Those areas are currently being maintained. Tom talked with John from Showplace to not maintain them and put a different ground cover there instead.
      Full aeration in common areas has been completed. John mentioned it should be done every couple years.
    • Phase 2 of Tree Removal project is starting. Last year, 74 trees came out and were replaced by approximately 12.
  • Architectural – Board reported:
    •  There is nothing pending. The official “exterior colors document” defining the color scheme of the neighborhood to be “craftsman style” colors has been approved.
  • Ad-Hoc Beaver Committee – Zen Dunaj:
    • Made significant progress. Reviewed some questions he’s received as the committee chair and provided answers to them. Tract C unhealthy – beaver feces, not much maintenance, etc. Tract U is somewhat better than Tract C. Tract T has much better water flow. All tracks have standing dead trees – looks messy/deteriorated. Even though there is much more maintenance needed, it looks much better than it was a year ago. Things out of our control: the beavers and the increase of water. The water increase continues – even in the summer. Recommendations to continue removing the beavers and their dams. Bud Weaver apparently has had traps there for 3 months. He claims to have caught only one beaver. Beaver trap signs were defaced by proponents who claim cruelty to animals.

V. Management Report

Administration

  • Homeowner Correspondence:
    • Board reviewed a list of correspondences from homeowners – many of which were informational only.

Financial

  • Delinquency Report/Collection Update:
    • Not much change

VI. Repairs and Maintenance

  • Landscape Enhancements
    • Main HOA:
      Landscaping: Plant and Arborvitae $6000. Trees: renovation/removal/trimming $2500.
      Cottage Collection:
      Bark Dust: replace $13780. Tree pruning: older $1045. Trees: removal/trimming $11350.

VII. Unfinished Business

  • Beaver Monitoring Update
    • Already discussed with Zen. Zen and Ken should not be out there doing the maintenance. HOA should hire a contractor to do the labor. Board needs to discuss how much to budget for this in 2015. Zen to provide the board with a rough guesses on a budget amount.
  • Tree Removal Phase Two
    • On schedule – moving into fall. Sending out opt-out notifications.
  • Foot Bridge Maintenance
    • Several proposals have been presented. We are at a stand-still at this point. Board will collect more bids.

VII. New Business

  • 2015 Reserve Study
    • Not discussed in detail.
  • 2015 Budget
    • Not discussed in detail.
  • Landscape Contract Renewal
    • Showplace has not increased contract for past 5 years. The Streetscape contract would increase to $732 and Cottage Collection would increase $2100 annually. Motion to approve contract renewal with Showplace Landscaping. Motion seconded and carried.

IX. Adjournment

  • Call for adjournment was at 8:06pm